Thursday, August 28, 2014

[Review] Etude House's Princess Happy Ending Belle Range!

A collaboration between my favourite brand and my entire childhood? Whats not to love? That was pretty much what I thought when I found out that Etude House were releasing a new range of products in collaboration with Disney.

This isn't the first time they've made products together; there's a whole Minnie Mouse line still available and theres been small releases featuring characters like Cinderella and Winnie the Pooh. Yet until now there'd never been a line dedicated solely to the princesses, which to me seems odd; Etude House's "you're all princesses" advertisement strategies combined with some of Disney's most famous princesses? Of course it's bound to be a winner.





So the products I bought from the range were the Belle Purple Rose lipstick and Belle nail kit (I considered getting the blushes from the range but I already own multiples of the exact same shades so...). I purchased them from w2beauty.com along with another product for $38.76 all together (I even got some free samples too). I received them just over a week ago and I've been testing them out since.






I'll start with the lipstick. The shade is a beautiful dark grape-purple colour with a slightly glossy finish. The stay-power is incredible; wearing it over the course of about six hours I'd only have to reapply once, and to be honest that's only because I'm obsessive when it comes to reapplying makeup, you most probably wouldn't have to do so at all.








Even better is that I found it didn't dry out my lips at all; I was worried that since the stay-power is like that of a lip tint, maybe it would dry out my lips like some tints can, but honestly I found that with a good enough lip balm (I recommend Missha and EOS as some go-tos) that wasn't a problem at all.















Next is the nail kit. There are two polishes included; one burgundy-cherry colour and one sparkly nude, both are beautiful and compliment eachother really nicely. There's also a sheet of nail stickers included featuring cute tiara and rose appliqués. Altogether the products in the set are visually wonferful.










The polish applies nicely and you only need one coat for a vivid finish. I do have a problem with it however; I find the strength of the polishes isn't quite there. They take quite a while to dry, which for me personally isn't really too bothersome, but once they've dried they don't seem to last. No matter how many different base coats and top coats I tried they'd peel or chip after, at most, a day. I might try drying ,my nails with a u.v lamp, maybe that will strengthen them, but air-drying alone doesn't seem to cut it with these.











The packaging on all of the products across the range is beyond perfect. Some boxes (the nail kits' included) are designed to look like story-books and they're just too cute. As always Etude House managed to deliver on aesthetics.

Price wise they're great too; across online retailers the lipstick averages at around £7 ($11.60) and the nail kit around £6 ($10).


Overall I would definitely recommend this range; even if its just for the ridiculously pretty packaging. With the few products I've tried I do feel tempted to try out the rest, and if they're as good as these then I would recommend them too!



Purchased from w2beauty.com







1 comment: