Friday, November 28, 2014

[First Impression] Memebox Superbox #66 - Tonymoly!

"Better late than never" is a phrase that I like to apply to lots of different situations. Whether it be going to classes, doing homework . .. or reviewing a memebox. ..

So yes this box was shipped out quite some weeks ago, but I still want to review it so lord help me I am.



Tonymoly as a brand, has a special place in my heart. It appeals to my sensibilities of cuteness and things that smell nice. So of course I was excited about this box and of course I'm going to review it even if it is almost a month late...




So this box has 7 products, all full sized, and they are - 

  • Delight Tint Crayon Neon
  • Egg Pore Shiny Skin Soap
  • Black Gel Eyeliner Long Brush
  • Luminous Goddess Aura Beam
  • Mini Peach Lip Balm
  • Panda's Dream White Magic Cream
  • Apple Tox Smooth Massage Peeling Cream






Delight Tint Crayon Neon - 07 Neon Cherry, $8
I have somewhat of a surplus of lip crayons and this is a welcome addition. It's light an moisturizing and it does seem to have the staining effect of any other tint. The packaging is sweet too; I don't know why but I always feel so much more positive about products that come in boxes, it just adds value for me or something I don't know. Anyway, a nice little inclusion.


Egg Pore Shiny Skin Soap, $9
This  may sound stupid but I was kind of worried that this products was going to smell of eggs. I was honestly quite relieved to find that it has a nice perfumey smell but looking back now I realize how I was dumb to expect otherwise in the first place. Regardless of smell, this is another nice little product; there's not much I can say other than it's good cleanser, it's pretty simple but not in a bad way, it works well and does its job.


Black Gel Eyeliner Long Brush - 05 Pearl Black, $10
I'm really loving that inspired name there, how inventive. Either way I was really impressed by this liner; I usually use feliners and don't really wander into the realm of liquid or gel liners but after trying this I think I may do so more often. It's a deep black colour that has the cute addition of a small amount of glitter that only becomes visible once you've applied it. that was a nice little surprise. The brush is compact and applies smoothly, the stay-power is insane (it took a lot of scrubbing to get it off my hand the first time i tested it), overall it's a really great product.


Luminous Goddess Aura Beam, $16
I don't think that, in all my years of using makeup thus far, I've ever been scared of a product. That was until I tried this out. Honestly I'm not afraid to admit that I don't understand this product. It's a multi-purpose products which sounds great but the problem is I can't imagine that it's particularly good at any of those purposes. One way that you can use it is as some kind of primer or base, but when I tried it out it was really heavy and sticky, like really sticky; I felt like I was putting caramel on my face, that's not a pleasant feeling. Over the course of the day I wore it I felt like my makeup looked and felt a lot heavier than usual and overall I just didn't enjoy using it. Maybe it's just me but this seems to be a bit of a miss.






Mini Peach Lip Balm, £7
Obviously there's not much I can say about a lip balm, it's just a lip balm. However this is a very nice smelling and tasting lip balm in cute packaging so it get bonus points. Other than that it's a lip balm. That's it.


Panda's Dream White Magic Cream, $12

Another multi-purpose product, but it seems that this time it's actually somewhat competent. This is an odd product that I can't seem to work out completely; it's somewhere between a moisturizer and a base. It seems far too heavy to use as a moisturizer, yet seems to absorb too much to be a base. I wish I could find a good use for it because it is actually pretty effective when it comes to whitening, but it just can't seem to find a place in my routine, at least the packaging is cute.



Apple Tox Smooth Massage Peeling Cream, $11

Something that I've realized I appreciate from Tonymoly is their packaging. Sometimes I think they really outdo themselves in design. Like with this product; the formula contains apple so they made the packaging into an apple. It seems pretty obvious and simple but it's something that a lot of brands don't do due to fear of losing brand image, and we end up losing quirky little things like this. Anyway, the product itself is a nice face mask-like substance that moisturizes your skin and leaves it feeling a lot smoother; a pretty simple product but it works well.




So that's (finally) the Tonymoly Memebox! Overall I'm really happy with this box; getting all full sized products makes boxes much more satisfying and with brand like Tonymoly that put a lot of thought into design, even if you don't use the product it can still sit on your desk and look cute which is always worth something.

Price of box Excl. shipping: $32

Retail Price of products combined: $73

Available from Memebox.com 







No comments:

Post a Comment